Back to: Board List > Politics and Religion > suggestions for this board

View Page: 1  Next> 

Displaying posts with quality votes -3 or better. Number of posts hidden: 0. Click here to show all posts.

Written by Message
The Lone Outsider (#42)
Premium/Plus Member
9-Mar-2010 09:06:01 Quality: +1.

Got a couple actually.

Is it possible to remove the quality system for this board? Controversial topics deserve more openness and as this board is clearly for those topics then it should be left more open for a more open discussion?
Perhaps making it a report action to bring abuse and such to the attention of moderators?

The other is those who visit here regularly should come up with a code of conduct. Set some guidelines and consequences..
Stay on topic or posts get hidden.
Repetitive abuse could result in moderators hiding all posts for x weeks, that sort of thing.

Just my 2 cents

Kama (#1)
Schoot DP Staff

9-Mar-2010 10:45:55 Quality: 0.

For the quality system: I may agree.

For the rules... I'll leave that up to the mods. But I agree that there should be rules...

Kama@work

Lord Mad One (#437)
TEQ Game Account

Click to set your personal icon.
11-Mar-2010 19:26:28 Quality: 0.

I will post up a skeleton framework of "rules/guidelines" later today if I get a chance...feel free to make suggestions as I will take all of them into consideration.
master of disaster (#15067)
TEQ Game Account
11-Mar-2010 20:30:53 Quality: -1.

what? Did you get appointed dictator?
wow! so much for less is more......you have started quite poorly....statements like "i think" accompanied with final judgements.....back off lmo, you are no censor....or is that your reasoning for wanting to be a "moderator", to be an "activist maderator"
...examine the definition please....you are instantly going in the wrong direction...you are not a censor, you are a moderator.

Off topic posts, flames and insults should be the end of your jurisdiction....you are not a lawmaker or a policeman, not even a judge, but a simple moderator...We don't need a p.c. policeman.

"I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" - Dr. Suess
They cured my multiple personality disorder, but where am I now when I need me?
"Call me Now! For your free reading!" Miss Cleo

Lord Mad One (#437)
TEQ Game Account

11-Mar-2010 20:44:03 Quality: 0.

Thanks for that MoD but don't take things so personal. Keep the debate or arguement structured..the little taunting crap has no relevance to a debate with purpose.
TEQ Game Account
11-Mar-2010 20:57:51 Quality: 0.

I responded to a strawman arg, unless you feel the answer to gun control is for people to move into "better neighborhoods" fits your criteria for "structured, has purpose"

You chose to honor it with a response, I instantly categorized it as silly.
I don't believe what you "think" is conducive of what and how I respond to a silly arg should be.
I responded to a silly arg in relation to the topic, gun control. You chose to qualify it. I din't.
You went to far with "I think"

"I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" - Dr. Suess

Pollux (#24)
TEQ Game Account

11-Mar-2010 21:25:28 Quality: 0.

Welcome to the club LMO, get used to it
TEQ Game Account
11-Mar-2010 22:22:02 Quality: 0.

no, he is not in the censorship club....yet.....but he seems to be thinking of it as he learns to exercize this new power.....now how to weild it....like pollux? heaven forbid.

Lord Mad One (#437)
TEQ Game Account

11-Mar-2010 23:16:59 Quality: 0.

Not bothered by this in the least..more then willing to explain...to a fault.

Like I said MoD it was not needed for a structured debate. You can make jokes but that to me wasnt what he had asked and I responded in kind..what you said(knowing you) was just goading him into a pointless sidestep of the issue.

The Lone Outsider (#42)
Premium/Plus Member
12-Mar-2010 08:44:39 Quality: +1.

Mod, I've come to expect very little from you over the years. I thought I knew the level of ignorance you were capable of but this takes the cake.

I suggested removal of the voting here so your dumb threads wouldn't be hidden.
In its place I suggested a user developed code of conduct everyone could agree on to prevent the kind of drivel you just spewed out.
LMO offered to draft somthing and you jump down his throat.

This isn't something written to stop you. Its designed to have everyone agree to a level of maturity in discussions and give moderators an agreed structure to do their voluntary work.

Contribute or shut up

View Page: 1  Next> 

Back to: Board List > Thread List > suggestions for this board

In order to post, you need to be logged in.

Click here to login

Spamming is ground for immediate deletion

Copyright © 2000-2021 Schoot Digital Productions
All rights reserved